This week I connected my Fire TV to my echo in my living room. I was able to then say “Play The Detour on Hulu” and I watched my TV jump right to that program. I can also pause with my voice. I remember the first time I controlled my lights and I thought “WOW.: This was one of those moments.
Controlling Your Amazon Fire with Alexa
You first need to link your devices. If you only have one Fire TV registered to your account, Alexa should complete the linking process automatically. Just say a request that includes Fire TV to your Alexa device (for example, “show me comedies on Fire TV”), and that device will be paired to your Fire TV.
If you have more than one Fire TV, you'll need to use the Alexa app to pair your devices:
- Go to the menu and select Music, Video, & Books.
- Select Fire TV.
- Select Link Your Alexa Device, then follow the on-screen instructions to select which of your devices you'd like to link.
- Select Link Devices to confirm your selection.
You can view and manage your linked devices from the Alexa app at any time. Go back to Music, Video, & Books from the menu, select Fire TV, and then select Manage devices.
- You can link multiple Alexa devices to the same Fire TV, but each Alexa device can only be used to control a single Fire TV.
- To link your Alexa and Fire TV devices, they must be registered to the same Amazon account.
For more information click here
New Skill This Episode Inspire Me
Inspire Me makes it easy to start your day with inspirational audio from famous speakers
Top Alexa News
This year with the Echo Dot being the top-selling product of all Amazon. The Alexa App topped the Apple charts at #1 Full Story